Classes & InstructorsEdit
- East Bay Regional in Nature Activity Guide - Ages: All - Naturalist lead birding events are scheduled throughout the year. Download the PDF on the website for more information.
Places to See Shore Birds
- Coyote Hills Regional Park - Fremont - 978acres of marshland and rolling grassland covered hills. Coyote Hills Visitor Center contains educational displays and exhibits with natural history and wildlife.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Regional Shoreline - Oakland - beautiful views of the bay and a variety of shorebirds
- Crown Memorial State Beach - Alameda - Crab Cover Visitor Centers, beach, variety of shorebirds, and bay views
- Middle Harbor Shoreline Park - Oakland - Restored shoreline bird habitats
- Point Isabel Regional Shoreline - Richmond - Bird life can be found on sandy shores, marshland, eucalyptus groves, meadows, and in a fresh water pond
- Hayward Regional Shoreline - Hayward - The marsh is made up of five managed ponds and has 15 islands that are utilized by many species of nesting birds.
- Lake Merritt - Oakland - Area near Fairyland is a great place to bring kids bird watching.
- Aquatic Park - Berkeley - provides a wide range of recreational opportunities, including bird-watching, boating, hiking, and the "Dream Land for Kids" play area, as well as a habitat for bird and aquatic life.
Places to See Other Birds
- Sunol Regional Wilderness - Sunol - Old Green Barn Visitor Center, 6,859-acre wilderness, Birds: yellow-billed magpies, red-tailed hawks, acorn woodpecker, black phoebe, turkey vulture, and golden eagle
Free Play IdeasEdit
- Build a Birdhouse
- TLC Bird-Watching Activities for Kids - searching for bird feathers, eat like a bird, build a bird bath, bird migration activities, etc...
- My Backyard: Bird Watching Activities to do with your kids - what you need to get started, birding activities to do with your kids, good bird sites for kids, bird crafts, etc.
- Build a Backyard Bird Habitat
Guides & Maps & BooksEdit
- Traillink.com- best trails for bird watching
- Birds of San Franscisco Bay Area - Articles, common local birds, media, etc.
- Marin Audubon Society
- Golden Gate Audubon Society
- National Geographic Field Guide to the Birds of North America: Third Edition - Best bird book for all ages.
- Photos of California Coastal Birds